MAY 22, 1923~Ravenden Springs, AR





May 22 1923
Friend Vasta:
-How are you, & hows everything in R.S.?
I,m not feeling very good.
Talk about rain, we had a regular water spout here Mon night a week. I seen more water than I,ve seen since I crossed the Atlantic Ha. Honest it was a solid sea of water for miles. Just the highest spots was out. We boys were all in town & had to stay till morning. 24 of us boys stayed in the theater. When we went home tues morn we only had a 1/4 mile out of 2 1/2 miles out of water & the rest was knee deep to a duck to side deep on a "Giraffe" ha.
But our crop is,nt damaged but very little but hundreds of acres here is.
If it does,ent quit raining we will loose it. I guess it is raining now. We mean to start seven hands hoeing in the morning. You girls hurry on down here we need you bad ha.
But I bet you town girls would be to lazy to work. I will have Lacy & Lindey to come Down to file your hoes.
Troy Brown was visiting out there last week but said he never seen you.
Oh gee I,m going to have to scrape cotton this eve. Wont get to go to town. Was there twice yesterday & this morn.
Ray Troy & me has been in a argument. Three good looking girls mean to hoe cotton for us to morrow & only one of us will get to hoe & the argument is (Who ll hoe) ha.
Are you having any big dinners out there? One most every sunday here.
The reason I guessed Frank M Your sweetie & fellow told me he seen him with Tom.
It is dinner time. I'll just eat & go to work.
Remain as ever
Colon