MAY 7, 1923~Marmaduke, AR






May 7 1923
Friend Vasta:
-I wonder how you are to day.
I feel very well only a little sleepy have been looseing quite a bit of sleep here of late.
What did you do yesterday?
I attended a singing convention. There sure was some crowd there & had a nice time.
Has it been raining much up there? We sure had some rain here last week. I think we can work in the field this evening. Went to town this morn.
You ask if my girl was a Dress Widow. No this one happened to not be one Ha.
Did Maizy go back to (Bladget)? (is that the way to spell it ha)
I heard she was in R.S. a few days past. Do you ever see Ella & Irene.
Heard there was a theres quite a bunch of us old hill boys down here.
Ray & me, Freank Watley, Troy Brown, Lee Whitehour, Earl Adams from Dalton, Jessie Carter.
So it is not as bad as one might imagine.
I believe Raymond is going wild. He has from 3 to half dozen girls with him a week. I'm not so lucky, ha & the other boys are having a good time.
Ill guess your big stunt pulled on Nubin the other sun.
Did you attend? Theres to much to go to here for ones on (own) good if he attends to work any & future looks as if though we'll have to. I mean to come out & get some of you R.S. girls to hoe cotton for us. I wonder if you all would come. We will go fishing - after the cotton is hoed. ha
sweetie to B a I,ve Frank Miller.hows that?
Dinner is ready & I have to eat & go to work
I remain as ever
Colon