This Second letter was written by Grandpa to Grandma June 9th, 1922





Marmaduke
June 9, 1922

Friend Vasta,
Well how are you, & are you still going to school?
I am feeling fine & working like the deuce. I’ve walked b,tween a pair of cultivator handles till they seen like home sweet home ha.
You bet I’d like to be at home & attend the Pente roller meeting. Think I’ll be home by the 4th. Probably Ray will start home in about 2 weeks.
I’d a liked for you to a taken the exam on cotton chopping, but think we will get over this eve the first time but there will be the second having which will be easier.
We,ve sure had some work to we have about 27 acres & hav’ent hired a days work done & we have eight acres of corn besides the cotton.
I should have ansr sooner but I write so much I thought I had ans your letter until I re read your last letter while a go. So here I am, did you people go to Valley Chapel on Sun?
I attended a singing convention & dinner Sun.
What boys went with you girls to Hubin?
I usually have a different girl every Sat N & Sun but don’t intrest me any only to pass the time with while I’m here.
I was lucky enough to have to Sun ha.
(one at a time ha ha)
How did Maisy ever get?
Did you ever see Perkins? Tell him I said work hard & make a good crop from what I hear & guess he will need it this Fall ha.
Looks like I never get time to write him.
Well it is near one oclock & work time.
I’ll close & not be so careless next time.







As crazy as ever,
Colon